- 8th Degree Hapkido Grand Master (KHF)
- President of the Martial Arts College International (MACI)
- President of World Danta Federation
- 5th Degree Hwal Bup (Pressure Point and Chiropractic Studies)
- 4th Degree Gumdo (Sword) - Haedong Federation
- 4th Degree Taekwondo
- 2nd Degree Gongkwon Yusul
- Sports Massage Practitioner
- 2000 Olympic Games demonstration team (The Korean Tigers)
You can view our Grandmaster Ryoo's website here at the Martial Arts College International (MACI)
Grandmaster Ryoo arrived in Australia in 1999 with a team from South Korea known as the "Korean Tigers" to demonstrate Korean martial arts promoting Taekwondo at the 2000 Olympic games. View a short Channel 9 news reel.
He started teaching shortly after and named his school Young's Martial Arts, two other masters Yong Kil Kim and Jaesung Shin followed him in this venture. A few years later in 2007 he formed the Hapkido College of Australia and then the Martial Arts College International (MACI) which it proudly stands today as the governing body to various martial arts and affiliate schools.
See a short introduction video made back in 2009 featuring Grandmaster Ryoo, Master Kim and GIANT Instructor Anthony Repice displaying techniques. There is also a brief compilation of the history of Hapkido and Grandmaster Ryoo's influence that was edited by his student GIANT Instructor Giorgio Repice, who made this short tribute when he received his 1st degree black belt in 2008.